( Sillas Abandonadas )
( Sillas Abandonadas )
It showed in the Atlanta Symphony hall for the seventh and the eighth of June. I went on the eighth.
It. Was. Amazing. Beyond. Words. It was awesome being surrounded by so many Final Fantasy fans (me and Monique even chatted with three sitting in front of us)--some were even cosplaying or had brought merc of the series. Alas I didn't buy anything because the merc at the concert was too pricy for what I had on me at the time.
One of the highlights of the evening was definitely hearing Susan Calloway sing. At first I was a little bothered by the fact that she took deep breaths through her mouth rather than her nose (a sign she hasn't been properly trained) but her powerful voice quickly won me over, especially in her cover of Eyes on Me. MIND. BLOWN. Another song she covered was Suteki da ne which was just as beautiful (though I still prefer Erutan's cover of it).
- Final Fantasy Series: Main theme (Is it bad I was quoting Brentalfloss' cover on it?)
- Final Fantsy I-III: Medley 2002
- Final Fantasy VIII: Eyes on Me (Her best performance of the night. But then I'm biased towards VIII)
- Final Fantasy IV: Battle with the Four Fiends (Is it bad I was hearing this while picturing Hyadain's version?)
- Final Fantasy V: Main theme
- Final Fantasy X: Zanarkand (One of my favorite compositions in the FFX OST)
- Final Fantasy XI: Distant Worlds
- Final Fantasy VIII: Don't be afraid (at one point they showed the Dollet sequence in the screen and I kept quoting "Chicken wuss!" at seeing Zell get all pissy towards Seifer. There was also one bit where I wondered if someone was playing the game backstage at that very moment XD)
- Final Fantasy Series: Chocobo Medley 2012 (Definitely one of the more animated moments. Especially when they switched to Mambo de Chocobo from V)
INTERMISSION (where much fangirling/boying was had)
- Final Fantasy VII: Opening--Bombing Mission
- Final Fantasy XIII: Blinded by the Light
- Final Fantasy VI: Phantom Forest
- Final Fantasy IX: You're Not Alone (One of the highlights of the evening for me. I was even quoting Erutan's cover on it!)
- Final Fantasy X: Suteki da ne (While I didn't know the lyrics, I did enjoy Susan Calloway's cover)
- Final Fantasy XI: Vana'diel March
- Final Fantasy VII: Aerith's Theme (Again, started quoting Erutan)
- Final Fantasy Series: Battle/Victory Theme Medley
- Final Fantasy VI: Terra's Theme (I love Terra's theme so inwardly I squeed XD)
- One Winged Angel (Not only that but the audience got to sing along! I felt we all sounded a bit shy at first but quickly gained more confidence throughout. IT WAS AWESOME.)
Overall, it was a wonderful experience and well worth the money spent in getting the tickets. Hopefully there will be a repeat experience in the future.
On another unrelated note, have a Seto Kaiba AMV with You Know My Name (I'VE BEEN LOOKING EVERYWHERE FOR AN AMV OF SETO KAIBA WITH A JAMES BOND THEME XD):
I've always wondered what was up with the sultry tone of Shirley Bassey's Diamonds Are Forever, especially since throughout the song you keep getting the impression that she has an obsession with diamonds bordering on sexual. So I decide to do some research on Songmeanings.net
This is what I find:
On one of my James Bond special features it has an interview with I think John Barry and he said he told Shirley to sing the song like it was about a penis .. instead of diamonds.
You can kind of see the connection in the lyrics:
"They are all I need to please me,
They can stimulate and tease me,"
"Hold one up and then caress it,
Touch it, stroke it and undress it,
I can see every part,"
IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW! XD
1. Sweet Dreams--Dreamshipping (Eurythmics)
2. Ojos Asi--Dreamshipping (Shakira)
3. Tomorrow Never Dies (Sheryl Crow)
4. The World is not Enough (Garbage)
5. Skyfall--Battle City opening theme (Adele)
6. Derezzed--Virtual World opening theme (Daft Punk)
7. Where Dragons Rule--Doma Arc opening theme (Dragonforce)
8. It's the Fear--Dragon aspect theme (Within Temptation)
9. The Messenger--Coming Forth by Day opening theme (Your Favorite Enemies)
10. Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger (Daft Punk)
11. Game of Thrones Title Theme--Dream of the Rose opening theme
12. Black Magic Woman--Henutawwy theme (Santana)
13. I will Survive--Theoris Takeda theme (Stephanie Bentley)
14. You're not Alone--Dreamshipping (Katethegreat19 cover)
15. Behind Blue Eyes--Seto Kaiba theme (Limp Bizkit)
16. Wishmaster--Set theme (Nightwish)
17. You Know my Name--Games on the Moon opening theme (Chris Cornell)
Plus a few extra songs that won't be in the list but likely in its sequel:
Una Voz en el Alma--Warshipping (Millie Corretjer)
It's all coming back to Me Now--Warshipping (Celine Dion)
Wolfen (Das Tier in Mir) (E Nomine)
5 Marz (Megaherz)
Admittedly I've kinda sorta lost track of what day I left off as so I guess this meme will no longer contain a semblance of going through the list in order. So far most of my definite favorite tracks are all FFIX. And why not? FFIX had wonderful music. However, that's not to say all my favorite tracks are from FFIX. FROM THE TOP:
- Roses of May: ever since listening to Katethegreat19's lyrics of this song I've fallen in love with it. So quite naturally, I took the trouble of getting that music dlc for the game. It is a soft, gentle piece for a fighting game and a joy to listen to.
Actually if Leon had been in the game, I could see this being his theme, all things considering...www.youtube.com/watch
- Not Alone: This piece plays during Zidane's BSOD in Disc III and is another testament to how good the FFIX soundtrack really is. I think even those who haven't played the game would get the sentiments that were conveyed in this piece.
- Man with the
GoldenMachine Gun: Always a fun piece to listen to during a fight, this theme always played during the Laguna segments of FFVIII
- Terra's Theme: Lately I've grown to like this theme and I'm just sad it's not available as BGM for the game.
- Otherworld: Awesome song is awesome (tbh I prefer the Black Mages's cover)
- Battle Theme: I liked the battle theme in FFX, particularly how different it sounded from battle themes in earlier games. Maybe it was the fact that this sounds like actual instruments rather than computerized sounds, IDK.
Okay, those are all the ones that come up so far. Expect to see another fill today, plus a continuation (of sorts) to Day 27