The Tropes that can be found in an epic rp with my friend railenthe. There's quite a few so this will take a while:
Action Girl: Most, if not all the female characters in the rp with the exceptions of Cosmos and Odile.
And even then who knows how long that will last
Battle Couple: At least two: Lightning and WoL, followed by Leon and Lenne whenever they find themselves fighting together.
The Hecate Sisters: Atargatis, Cosmos, Odile
The Three Faces of Adam: Kasdeja, Chaos,
still-unnamed sage figure
Shipper on Deck: Lenne, Leon, and
Luneth become this for PalaMecia
Baleful Polymorph: Odile and Atargatis.
- Thanks to their new special armor, Lenne and Kain can be counted as this.
- Also the
Imp Moogle status spell
Deadpan Snarker: Quite a few.
Genius Loci: Shade Impulse!Pandemonium,
The world setting for Dissidia. The Labyrinth could also count as this.
She's got legs: Lenne,
Shout out: Lenne (Her namesake being a character from FFX-2), Odile (Swan Lake)
Running Gag: Lenne's Moogle-themed tent, THE SUCCESSION,
- Now includes Cougarbait!Leon
- Moogle!Warriors (Moogle of Light/Mogfried, Mobranth, Morion, etc)
Breaking the Fourth Wall: Quite a few times but certain characters have a tendency towards this.
Foe Yay: Cosmos and Chaos.
Technically, Leon and Lenne
- subverted (averted?) with Leon and Lenne because they were never real enemies to begin with and do not even view each other as thus, as opposed to the other Cosmos Warriors, who have reasons to hate and/or oppose their Chaos counterpart.
Kid Genius: OK
Cloud Cuckoolander: Laguna
What Could Have Been: Shepard from Mass Effect joining the Cosmos team
- Curbstomped by the issue of who would be ME's representative for Chaos
Bow and Sword in Accord: Firion. Also Vaan
Dual Wielding: Lenne, Zidane
Multi Melee Master: Firion AND Lenne
Instant Awesome (Just Add Dragons): Dragoons
Multi Ranged Master: Laguna
Names to Run Away From Really Fast: Atargatis, Odile and Kasdeja. ESPECIALLY THE LAST TWO IF THEY'RE TOGETHER
Walking Armory: Firion and Lenne
Animal Motifs: The Dragoons. Also Odile and Atargatis. Newest person to join this trope is the Hunter aspect of Chaos, Kasdeja.
Did You Just Punch Out Cthulhu?: Lightning becomes this for the Cosmos Team
One Hit Kill: Lightning, with Warrior of Light
Friends with Benefits: Lenne and Leon
- Leon's aiming for a Relationship Upgrade, though.
- Relationship Upgrade Achieved!
UST: WoL and Lightning
- they also invoke Belligerent Sexual Tension
Fridge Brilliance: Inner workings of the Manikins and Cosmos Warrior-Therapist Vaan
WoL Siegfried. Or rather, naming him Siegfried. THESE RPERS HAD NO IDEA IT WOULD BE THIS EPIC
Berserk Button: The Succession and his subordinates' idea of recreational pasttimes does this for Mateus.
- Count Borghen. It'll start a 5-min+ rant.
Loyal Animal Companion: Griever for Ultimecia. Lenne also fit this Trope back in her dragoon days in Deist.
Mindscrew: A lot of it; Cosmos and Chaos are not what they appear to be, history between Lightning and WoL in the past cycles, the reason for the cycles and war existing to begin with, the list goes on. In a funny example, the
idea that Mateus can show positive emotions like love, empathy and affection results into this for everyone from the FF2-verse.
Also Vaan wearing a shirt does this for this rper
Marionette Master: Odile, to an extent. Also, Kasdeja.
Mind Rape: Odile does this to WoL and Lightning...and that was just the start.
- Recently it's Leon who ended up on the receiving end. It got worse for him considering that Odile poisoned him with an agent that tortures the victim with vivid hallucinations brought about by emotional burdens and does not kill.
Spiritual Descendant: Laguna and Squall are implied to be this to Leon.
- Cecil actually becomes this in his game when he gets the Deathbringer, which was Leon's sword.
- Actually he's more like a spiritual succesor.
Blade on a Stick: The Dragoons and Cecil
Kid Hero: OK,Vaan
Human Abomination: Odile probably counts as this.
This roleplayer doesn't know for sure
- Leon might count as this given the approach we're taking with his Dark Knight powers.
Man behind the Man:
Cid the Lufenian
Everyone Can See it: With Lenne and Leon. Possibly also the case with Lightshipping but everyone else is too intimidated by Siegfried or Lightning to comment on it.
- subverted because Lenne and Leon can see it too; unfortunately Lenne has commitment issues and believes Leon could do better.
Ascended Extra: Leon. AND HOW.
It Got Worse: The Manikins. Not only do they stop making distinctions between sides, they also gain basic sentience and thanks to Kasdeja, they grow to resent their Originals.
Blood Knight: Atargatis, being a warlike aspect of Cosmos, takes this to an extreme. This trope also applies to Leon.
Fridge Horror: The Manikins gaining sentience and vices. Especially Vices.
Snake People: Kasdeja
Horny Devil: Mateus once he has enough chocolate in his system. Interesting things can happen when feeding chocolate to someone who's part Incubus.
Genre-savvy: Leon seems to be a recurring example of this.
- "He's the tank to her DPS." <--For srsly XD
Though we have yet to show an example in the rp
, Lenne and Kain, due to the aftereffects Berserk has on dragoons.
- "Needs more diamond...I mean, salt."
- "Not bad. Sapphires are better though."
- My bad, there was a moment: when they were in Berserk!Dragon-form, they were eating the manikins.
Fate Worse than Death: In a humorous example, talking and/or associating with Count Borghen results in this for the FF2 people.
Even Evil Has Standards: "An evil bastard is one thing. An untrustworthy bastard is another story altogether." -Railenthe
Magnificent Bastard: TOO MANY
Selective Amnesia: Most of the Cosmos Warriors have forgotten Siegfried's name.
Big Bad: Shinryu.
Flat What: Leon and Mateus' reaction to Ultimecia comparing their relationship to a Father-son one.
Heads I win Tails you lose: Played straight in the flashback sequence where Leon joins the Palamecian Empire and agrees to train as a Dark Knight.
Dark is not Evil: Leon and Cecil. Admittedly, Leon did do several villanous deeds in his game which is why he's on the Chaos side. It should be noted he was ordered to commit these acts.
Evil is Sexy: Most of the Chaos side.
Bizarrechitecture: The tents
- Actually Squall's tent is the most normal one seen thus far.